United States, Connecticut, Fairfield
Every modern person spends time on the Internet daily. But the Internet is not only a source of information and the ability to communicate over a distance, but also a threat to computer security. You can download a computer virus from the network, your account or e-mail address can be cracked by an intruder. Now I will tell you the rules of security on the Internet.
1) Use a strong password . The first and most important rule for the safety of your data, accounts, mailing is a strong password! Many times hackers hacked into social networks or email addresses because the user set a simple password. You do not want someone else to recognize your personal correspondence? Use the password generator to get a strong password.
2) Access the Internet from a computer with a firewall or anti-virus with firewall . This will significantly reduce the chance of catching a virus or visiting a malicious website.
3) Get one primary email address and create a complex password for it. When registering on the forums in the social. networks and other services you will specify it. This is necessary if you forget your password or username. In no case do not tell anyone your password to the mail b>, otherwise the attacker will be able through your mail to get access to all services and sites that have your mailing address.
4) If you want to download some material from the Internet, on a site where registration is not necessary, but you are required to enter your email address, then, most likely, advertising or spam will be sent to your address. In such cases, use one-time mailboxes .
5) Download programs either from the official developer sites or from large torrent trackers. Do not download programs from suspicious sites or file sharing sites . So you reduce the risk of downloading a virus instead of a program.
6) Do not click on beautiful banners or ad units on websites, no matter how attractive and attractive they are. At best, you will help the author of the site to get money, and at worst - get a virus. Use plugins for browsers that disable ads on sites .
7) If you are working on a computer that other people have access to (on a robot or in an internet cafe), do not save passwords in the browser . Otherwise, anyone who has access to this computer will be able to access the site using your password.
8) Do not open letters from unknown users (addresses) . Or a letter notifying you that you won a lottery in which you simply did not participate.
9) Do not click on the pop-up windows , which say that your account on the social network is blocked. This is the antics of intruders! If you are suddenly blocked, you will learn about it by logging into this social network, or the administration will send you an email.
10) Periodic change passwords on the most important sites . So you reduce the risk of hacking your password.
Using these security rules on the Internet, you significantly reduce the risk of getting a virus to your computer or losing an account on your favorite site.